Banner Elk, NC--We finish up our Up Close & Personal interviews with the Lady Bobcats' second leading scorer, Renee Roberson. This sophomore forward is averaging 9.7 ppg with 243 points on the year (just seven points ahead of sister Brittany) and has also pulled down an average of 4.2 rebounds a game. Join us as we get to know this Salisbury, NC native a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? The location and the basketball coaches both played a role in my decision.
2. How long have you been playing basketball? I've been playing basketball for about 12 years.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? My goals are to have fun, improve individually and as a team.
4. What's your favorite Bobcat memory here at Lees-McRae so far? Seeing the look on my teammates faces after we beat Anderson is my favorite memory.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? Both of my parents were equally influential on my career.
6. If you weren't playing basketball, what other sport would you play? I would play tennis.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? My major is international studies. I plan to travel, experience new cultures, and assist people globally.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I would travel back to the sixties and hang out with my friends Ringo, John, Paul, and George.
9. What is your favorite book? I enjoy all of the Harry Potter books.
10. What is your favorite food? Snowcones are my favorite!
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I want to go to Morocco.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Fun. I am always up for a good laugh.