Brittney Williams is up next in our Up Close series with the Lady Bobcats. Williams comes to Lees-McRae from Sebastian, Florida where she played at Sebastian River High School. Her senior year she earned MVP, All-Area First Team, All-Conference First Team, and Offensive Player of the Year honors. Join us as we get to know her a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I, too, came to play basketball.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to being a part of changing the Lady Bobcats' program.
3. What do you do to prepare yourself for a game? I pray, listen to music and watch game film.
4. Who has had the biggest impact on your basketball career? God and myself
5. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Lady Bobcat basketball team? The coaches are my favorite part.
6. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I want to get better every day and see the program improve.
7. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the court? The biggest problem I face is handling it when my shot doesn't go in.
8. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? Myself…I am in control of my own destiny.
9. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is chilling with the crew, playing cards, laughing and clowning around.
10. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try sky diving. That is my biggest fear.
11. Who is your favorite WNBA player and why?
I don't have one.