Up Close & Personal with Erin Thompson
Today we meet up with Erin Thompson of Ashburn, Virginia. The 5'10 sophomore plays in the guard/forward position for the Lady Bobcats. Off the court Thompson is pursuing a degree in sports management. Join us as we get up close and personal with her.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came because of the beautiful scenery and the basketball team.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to winning the conference title.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I think my strength lies in my quickness to get to the basket.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for a game? I say a little prayer and quote my favorite scripture; Philippians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your basketball career? My father
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Lady Bobcat basketball team? We start out as friends and teammates and end up as family.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? Personally I want to become a better shooter. For the team, I want to see us win the conference title.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the court? The biggest mental challenge I face is finishing around the basket and rebounding.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My parents..They are always so encouraging.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? Sitting in my room, relaxing and watching a movie is my idea of a perfect afternoon.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would like to jet ski. It looks like so much fun.
12. Who is your favorite WNBA player and why?
Diana Taurasi…Her all around game is amazing to me.