Today we meet up with redshirt freshman Jennie Phelps of Memphis, Tennessee as we continue our Up Close series. Phelps, a 5'6 guard, was MVP, All Conference and All County her senior year in high school. In the classroom she is pursuing a degree in pre-health. Join us as we get to know her a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came to play basketball and because I liked the scenery.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I love the camaraderie of the team.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I believe my strength is in my shooting.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for a game? I think about everything positive that doesn't involve basketball.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your basketball career? Dave Paradise
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Lady Bobcat basketball team? The coaches are my favorite part of being a member of the Lady Bobcat basketball team.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? As a team, I want to see us win conference. Personally, I want to not get hurt and build myself back up.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the court? The biggest challenge mental challenge I face on the court is aggressiveness.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? Renee Paradise…She is like a second mother to me.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is lying in bed in sweatpants and a sweatshirt watching a movie.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? Skateboarding with my brother. He loves to teach me new things we can do together.
12. Who is your favorite WNBA player and why?
Sue Bird…We have the same style of play and her attitude is