Newcomer Amber Coleman is up next in our Up Close series. Coleman comes to the Lady Bobcats from Alexandria, Virginia where she played for Thomas Edison High School, averaging ten points per game and picking up Second Team National District All Defense Team honors as well being selected to play in the Northern Virginia Women Basketball Coaches Association All-Star Game. In the classroom Coleman is pursuing a degree in sports medicine. Join us as we get to know her.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came to play basketball.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I want to make it to the conference tournament.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I think my strength lies in my ability to drive to the basket.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for a game? I listen to music.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your basketball career? My parents
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Lady Bobcat basketball team? The players on the team are the best part.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? Personally, I'd like to make the All Conference Team. As a team I would like to win our conference and go to the tournament.
8. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My parents…They have always encouraged me to do my best.
9. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is chilling with my friends.
10. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would snowboard. I have never done it before, and it looks cool.
11. Who is your favorite WNBA player and
why? Capi Pondexter…She plays strong every