Up Close & Personal with Emari Ready
As we continue our Up Close series with the Lady Bobcats we meet up with freshman Emari Ready who hails from Midlothian, Va. The 5'7 guard is averaging 5.2 points per game for the first five games of the season. Off the court Ready is pursuing a degree in psychology. Join us as we get to know her better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I liked that it was a small school and that I have the opportunity to impact the program.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I'm looking forward to winning games.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I think my strength lies in my defense and hustle.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for a game? I take a nap and listen to music.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your basketball career? My mom
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Lady Bobcat basketball team? I like the team gatherings with both upper and lower classmen.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? Personal-I want to be a leader on the floor and make smart decisions. Team-I'd like to see us win the Conference Carolinas Championship.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the court? The biggest challenge I face is getting the little things right, like defensive positioning off the ball.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? Mom…She works hard and gets rewarded.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is playing a great game of pick-up followed by a bath, a meal and a nap.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try skydiving. It is something new and exciting.
12. Who is your favorite WNBA player and why?
Kara Lawson…She is a very smart and passionate player.