Up Close & Personal with Cortney Furr
As we continue with our Up Close series of interviews with the Lady Bobcats we meet up with senior Cortney Furr who hails from Concord, North Carolina. The 5'7 guard leads the Lady Bobcats in scoring, averaging 12.3 points per game. Off the court Furr is working towards a degree in Elementary Education. Join us as we get to know her.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came to play basketball.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to playing with new people.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I think my strength lies in my outside shooting.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for a game? I use the bathroom before every game. It makes me feel lighter!! Ha Ha!!
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your basketball career and who has had the biggest role model in your life? How? My dad has been there for me whenever I needed him and encouraged me to be the best that I can be. I love him for that!
6. What is your favorite part about being a part of the Lady Bobcat basketball team? I would say forming a close bond with my teammates.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? Personal, I want to give 100% every game. Team, I'd like to see us play as a team and work harder that the other teams.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the court? When I cannot hit a shot I get frustrated with myself.
9. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is taking a nap, no homework, and the sun shining outside.
10. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would love to try to drive a motorcycle.
11. Who is your favorite WNBA player and why? Lisa Leslie