Up Close & Personal with Lauren Casey
Today we meet up with junior transfer Lauren Casey. Hailing from Raleigh, North Carolina, the 5'10 guard/forward is averaging 10.3 points and four rebounds per game for the squad. In the classroom she is pursuing a degree in business administration. Join us as we get up close and personal with her.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I liked the small school atmosphere.
2. What are you most looking forward to this
season? I am looking forward to winning games and having
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I try to work hard.
4. Who has had the biggest impact on your basketball career? My mom has had the biggest impact on my basketball career.
5. What do you do to prepare yourself for a game? I make sure I am warmed up.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Lady Bobcat basketball team? I would say the opportunity to meet new friends and play ball.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I want to have fun and improve.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the court? I tend to get mad at myself instead of thinking about the next play when I make mistakes.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life?
How? My mom...She has always pushed me outside of my
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? I would say one in which I am at the beach or pool just relaxing.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would go skydiving because it would be a rush.
12. Who is your favorite WNBA player and why?
Diana Taurasi. She is so freaking good!!