Next up in our series of interviews with the Lady Bobcats is junior Renee Roberson. The 6'1 forward, who comes to Lees-McRae from Salisbury, North Carolina, is averaging over six points and three rebounds per game. Roberson is an international studies major. Join us as we get to know her.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came for the mountains and for basketball.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to playing hard, having fun and having a winning season.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I believe my strength lies in my shooting.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for a game? I listen to music and "jump around" with the girls.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your basketball career? My parents
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Lady Bobcat basketball team? I like crossfit swim workouts.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I want to improve individually and as a team.
8. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My family members all played equal roles in helping me work to achieve my goals on and off the court.
9. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? No work and all play!
10. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try skydiving! I love a good rush.
11. Who is your favorite WNBA player and why?