Up Close & Personal with Ashley Holland
Today we meet up with freshman Ashley Holland of Duncan, South Carolina. The 5'8 guard has played in all 17 games this season, starting 15 of those and is averaging 12.9 points and 4.29 rebounds per game. The three-time high school All Region player also leads the Lady Bobcats in assists with 73. Off the court Holland is pursuing a degree in education. Join us as we get to know her a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came to play basketball and because of the surroundings.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to being a part of the women's basketball community.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? My strength lies in my ability to get to the rim.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for a game? I listen to music.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your basketball career? I would say my teammates and myself.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Lady Bobcat basketball team? My teammates...They make me feel at home.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I want to become a confident shooter. I'd like to see our team win the conference of course.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the court? It would have to be my lack of confidence in my shot.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My mom...She is my number one fan and number one critic.
10. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try lacrosse. It is just something different.
11. Who is your favorite WNBA player and why?
Candace Parker...She is so versatile.