Up next is senior Chahkia Harrison who hails from Baltimore, Maryland. The 5'8 guard/forward for the Lady Bobcats played at Choctwhatchee High School and Faulkner State Community College prior to coming to Lees-McRae College. Harrison is pursuing a degree in criminal justice. Join us as we get to know her better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? The small size of the school played a role, and I liked my visit when I came.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to seeing how the additional talent and numbers we added work out.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? My strength lies in my ability to shoot and put the ball on the floor.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for a game? I listen to music and pray.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your basketball career? Aunt Jayne
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Lady Bobcat basketball team? We are truly a family.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I want to become a better rebounder. I also want to see our team win more games and have fun doing it.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the basketball court? It would have to be not showing my frustration.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My Aunt Jayne...No matter what life throws at her she remains positive.
10. Who is your favorite WNBA player and why?
Cappie Poindexter...She is undersized, but yet she finds a way to
do whatever it is she want to on the court.