Up Close & Personal with Kayla Blevins
Today we finish our series of Up Close articles with the Lady Bobcats with senior Kayla Blevins. The 5'9 forward is from nearby Roan Mountain, Tennessee. Blevins is majoring in criminal justice and international studies here at Lees-McRae. Join us as we get to know her better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? It was close to home, and I was recruited.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to playing each and every game because these are my last.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? My strength lies in driving the ball and slicing through the gaps.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for a game? I always put my headphones on and turn up the volume.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your basketball career? My grandpa
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Lady Bobcat basketball team? My favorite part is the close relationships I have made with all my friends and the new experiences I have been introduced to.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I want the team to excel, so my personal goal is to help the team out anyway I can.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the basketball court? I always psych myself out about shooting.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life?
How? My biggest role model is my entire family. They
have all faced some struggles, but instead of giving up, they have
pushed through it and stood strong.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My perfect afternoon would consist of a healthy dinner and a good book. I love reading!
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try a new sport. I love being active, and it would expand my options for staying fit and staying entertained.
12. Who is your favorite WNBA player and why?
Diana Taurasi...She is a strong and openly passionate player. She
keeps fighting until the final buzzer rings.