Banner Elk. NC--Today we begin a series of Up Close & Personal interviews with the Lees-McRae women's lacrosse team. First up for the Lady Bobcats is senior Amelia Henson who can be seen out the field playing both midfield and attack positions. Join us as we get to know her.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I decided to come to Lees-McRae because of the small campus and the close-knit community feel. I am from a small town and I thought that a move to a small school would be an easier change for me. Lees-McRae also had a Sports Medicine major which was a determining factor in where I went to college.
2. How long have you been playing lacrosse? I have only played lacrosse for a little over a year.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? My personal goals are to always play hard, continue learning the game, and to continue working on my skills.
4. What's your favorite lacrosse memory here at Lees-McRae so far? My favorite memory would be when I scored the first goal of the season in my first collegiate game of lacrosse.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? When I came to Lees-McRae, I came to play softball. After a year I felt that it was not right for me. A couple years later Andrea Duffy came to LMC as the new women's lacrosse coach. I spoke with her about playing and she has helped me with my skills and knowledge of the game. I feel that she is the most influential on my career because she has given me a chance to play and has had patience in teaching me the game.
6. If you weren't playing lacrosse, what other sport would you play? Softball would be an option, but the game of lacrosse is so different - it would be hard to not play.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? I am double majoring in Athletic Training and Humanities. I plan on working towards a career in Physical Therapy or a career as a Physician's Assistant.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I would go back to when the Declaration of Independence was signed.
9. What is your favorite book? My favorite book is The Davinci Code by Dan Brown.
10. What is your favorite food? My favorite food would have to be SUSHI!!
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I would like to visit Egypt and see the pyramids.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Busy would be a good word to describe me. I am involved in many things on campus, and I always have something going on.
Amelia's Story...I am from a small town in
Rutherford County called Spindale. I have two brothers and a
sister. I am the oldest of all the siblings. I have lived in
Spindale for a majority of my life. I have a wonderful set of
grandparents who would give the world to me if they could and a
mother who would do the same. Staying close to my family was a
reason for me to come to Lees-McRae. Spindale is about an hour and
half drive from Banner Elk. If we want to visit each other we just
have a short drive which is nice. I first heard about LMC from a
representative that came to my high school. I hadn't heard of
Lees-McRae before but liked what I saw and what the rep. told me.
I talked it over with my family and decided to apply. That's how I
decided to come to LMC.