Banner Elk, NC--As we continue our series of Up Close interviews with the Lady Bobcats we meet up with junior Megan Shaw. A native of Garland, TX, Shaw can be seen out on the field in the midfield position. Join us as we get to know her a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I was originally recruited to LMC to play soccer, but when I visited the campus, what really encouraged me to come here was the people and the scenery.
2. How long have you been playing lacrosse? I have been playing lacrosse for three whole months now.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? My goals for the season are to keep trying to get better and enjoy playing a new sport.
4. What's your favorite lacrosse memory here at Lees-McRae so far? My favorite lacrosse memory is quite recent and would be the first time I checked someone in a game!
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? I would say my father is the most influential person on my athletic career. He is always so passionate about whatever game he is playing and tries his hardest to be the best and usually is.
6. If you weren't playing lacrosse, what other sport would you play? There is no doubt that I would be playing soccer right now in different circumstances. Soccer has been my life, my one true love and I hope it will still play some part in it in the near future.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? My major is business with a small business concentration. I plan on owning my own flower shop with a twist.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I'd go back to the 1920s.
9. What is your favorite book? My favorite book is Pride and Prejudice.
10. What is your favorite food? I love Mexican food, especially my dad's enchiladas!!
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I'd love to go to Venice where the streets are made of water, it sounds absolutely amazing.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Sarcastic, because I'm one of the most sarcastic people you'll ever meet, but don't worry, it's all in good fun.
Megan's Story … I'm from Garland, Texas,
but was born in Cheyenne, Wyoming. I've played soccer for as long
as I've been able to walk. I have two younger sisters, Danielle
and Mariah, two half sisters Jessica and Courtney, and I am the
oldest. I love them all. My parents are the most wonderful people
in the world and I am grateful everyday for the values they have
instilled in me. Thanks again, and I love you!!