Up Close & Personal with Jody Parlier
Banner Elk, NC--Today we meet freshman Jody Parlier who grew up on nearby Beech Mountain and attended Avery County High School. Parlier is new to the game of lacrosse but excited to be a part of the team here at Lees-McRae. Join us as we get to know her better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I like that Lees-McRae's a small school so everyone gets to know each other. Also, it's not all that far from home.
2. How long have you been playing lacrosse? I've just started.
3. What are your personal goals for this season? I want to improve my ball control and communication.
4. What's your favorite lacrosse memory here at Lees-McRae so far? The girls....there's never a dull moment!
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My dad has been. He was always there influencing me to keep on trying and to never give up no matter how frustrated I'd get.
6. If you weren't playing lacrosse, what other sport would you play? Maybe I would play soccer.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? Pre-Med, I love working with little kids and helping people so I'm hoping to become a pediatrician. I want to make a difference. I'd love to start my own practice.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I'd go back to the days of Indiana Jones!
9. What is your favorite book? My favorite book is Touching Spirit Bear.
10. What is your favorite food? Italian
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I would love to go to England/Ireland.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Random - I'm always ready to try something new. You never know what crazy thing I'll say or do next!
Jody's story.....I was born on July 12th, 1988 in Crossnore, NC to the proud parents of Joe & Alice Parlier. I've lived on Beech Mountain my whole life and attended Avery County High School where I played soccer there for four years. When I was 19 I picked up the game of lacrosse here at LMC and have been playing it now for a few weeks. There's never a dull moment, let me tell ya!