As we continue our series of Up Close interviews with the Lady Bobcats we meet up with sophomore Martha Peacock. The Mooresville, North Carolina native plays goalie for the team. Off the field, Peacock is pursuing a degree in pre-health/psychology. Join us as we get to know her.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came for the small school atmosphere and the mountains.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to taking on the challenge of a new sport and building a new skill.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? Since I am new to the game, that's what I hope to find out!
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I listen to music and try to keep positive thoughts in my head.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your lacrosse career? Probably Laura Hawthorne, Lauren Martin and Liv Maurey have because they convinced me to try lacrosse, and I am so happy I did.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat lacrosse team? I would have to say everyone's enthusiasm to help me learn the game.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? Personal: to learn all I can learn and step up in the goal for the team. Team: for everyone to work together to make sure we get the W at the end of the day.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? I think getting used to high scoring games as compared to soccer.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My dad…He has overcome every trial that was thrown at him.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is lying on a blanket in the park somewhere either sleeping or reading a book.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would probably try bungee jumping…it looks fun!
12. Describe your favorite dessert. I am not a
big fan of dessert.