Next up for the Lady Bobcats is Kayla Poovey who hails from Granite Falls, North Carolina. The freshman, who received MVP honors in high school, plays attack for the squad. Poovey is pursuing a degree in communication arts at Lees-McRae. Join us as we get to know her.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I chose Lees-McRae because of the mountains and lacrosse.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to playing games.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I would say running.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I listen to music.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your lacrosse career? My coach has had the biggest impact.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat lacrosse team? I would have to say working together.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? Personally, I would like to get better at defense and, as a team, win as many games as we can.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? Needing to improve on defense is a challenge I face.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My parents…They own their own business and have to work as a team every day.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is going snowboarding, hanging out with friends and throwing around.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try a new sport or a new trick in snowboarding to learn something new.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Chocolate
chip cookie dough ice cream.