Up Close & Personal with Abby White
Today we meet up with Abby White of Madisonville, Tenn. The junior midfielder is a pre-vet major at Lees-McRae with plans to become a veterinarian. Join us as we get to know her better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I actually came here to play soccer but ended up playing lacrosse as well.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I know we have a lot of potential, so I'm looking forward to what everybody brings on the field and how we put things together, and playing with a great group of girls.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? Running, running, and more running..
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I normally like to keep to myself and just think about what I want to do in the game and do it.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your lacrosse career? My dad and Andrea Duffy have had the biggest impact.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat lacrosse team? Knowing that the girl beside me loves the game as much as I do is my favorite part.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? Personal: To score more than last year, improve on defense, and be in shape. Team: To win, and if we don't win, to have played hard enough to deserve to win.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? Mistakes.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My dad…No matter what I decided to do, he always taught me to never quit, and if you see someone that is better than you, then strive to be as good as them and then some. If I ever felt like I couldn't go anymore, then I was expected to suck it up, get over it, and keep going. He taught me to be strong mentally, emotionally, and physically. Not only has it helped me in sports throughout my life, but also in all other aspects of my life.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? Umm, never really thought about it.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I'm actually up for anything. But I guess skydiving would take the top. I want the adrenaline rush.
12. Describe your favorite dessert.
Chocolate……it's a sin.