As we continue our Up Close series of interviews with the Lady Bobcats we meet up with Anna DeLuke. The freshman defender comes from Woodstock, Georgia where she attended Etowah High School. In the classroon she is pursuing a degree in international studies. Join us as we get to know her.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? The reason that I came to Lees- McRae was that I got offered to come and play lacrosse here. I also love the town that it's in, that I am far enough from home but not too far, and that it's a small school.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to the games and just playing lacrosse everyday and having fun with it.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? My strength probably lies in defense. I would say I am good at knowing what the person is going to do before they do it.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I like to pray before games because it gets me centered, and also I like to listen to fun, wild music to get pumped up for games
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your lacrosse career? I would have to say my best friend Lexi King because if it wasn't for her in my life and playing lacrosse with me then I wouldn't be at this school today. Also my parents were always at every game and would support me in anything I do.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat lacrosse team? The people I would say the most. I love meeting new people, and the people that I have meet this year, I love them all.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? My personal goal would be to get in better shape, and for team goals, I would want us to win hopefully all our games.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? The biggest challenge I face is not getting out of breath easily.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? I would have to say that my mom would be my role model because she has been through so much and still has her head up and loves with the biggest heart.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is being outside just doing something active.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would want to try and go sky diving I think that would be the best and most free experience in my life.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. My
favorite dessert would have to be chocolate pudding with whip
cream and a cherry on top.