As we continue our Up Close series we meet freshman Lauren Ochoa who comes to Lees-McRae from nearby Boone, North Carolina where she attended Watauga High School. Join us as we get to know this midfielder for the Lady Bobcats.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? Living in Boone for the past years has brought me to love these mountains. I wanted to continue to stay in the mountains and also be able to play lacrosse. The women's lacrosse program here at Lees-McRae College was a big part of my decision.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I'm looking forward to having fun with the team, bringing home some wins, and in the end, having a group of close friends.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I think my strength comes mostly in the second half of the game.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I get a good night of sleep, eat healthy food, and listen to various types of music.
5. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Lady Bobcat lacrosse team? Being able to play the game of lacrosse and enjoying practices and games with my teammates are my favorite parts.
6. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? Not letting my mess-ups or any of my frustrations from off the field bring me down or anger me is a challenge I face.
7. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would want to ride in a hot air balloon.
8. Describe your favorite dessert. Just about
anything with chocolate.