Up Close & Personal with Lauren Martin
Today we meet sophomore Lauren Martin who hails from Whitby, Ontario, Canada. Although Martin is a defender for the Lady Bobcats she has scored six goals and has two assists already this season. In the classroom she is pursuing a degree in health and physical education. Join us as we get to know her better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? Lacrosse played a big part in coming to Lees-McRae, but the location was what really won me over in the end.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I'm looking forward to being a team. I think we have a whole different team skill-wise then last year, so I'm excited to show the other teams what we can do.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I would say my strength is recognized as a leader on the defensive end.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I listen to different songs to get me motivated and pumped up for the games.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your lacrosse career? I would say my dad still has the biggest impact on my lacrosse career. He loves to watch me play and always encourages me to play my best. I would say he's not only my biggest fan, but also the team's biggest fan as well.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat lacrosse team? My favorite part about being a member of the team is the girls. We are all so close that it's what completes our team. I can always count on these girls, and we all just fit together. It's a great feeling.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? My personal goal is to be successful at my job on the team and motivating the other girls to keep up our momentum in tough games. My team goal is to improve for every game and go into each game wanting to win. I think that if we go into the games with that mentality, then we should be successful this season.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? I would say the biggest mental challenge I face is getting frustrated when I'm having a bad game.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? I don't think that I can pick one individual to be my role model. There are many people that I look up to in different ways and who have played some sort of influence on my life.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon would be spent lying on a beach somewhere.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? Scuba diving, I think that would be awesome.
12. Describe your favorite dessert.