As we continue our up Close series we meet up with freshman Lexi King. The Woodstock, Georgia native played at Etowah High School where she earned team MVP, Georgia All State, and NW Metro All Star Team honors in 2008. King plays attack for the Lady Bobcats and has six goals and three assists on the season. In the classroom she is pursuing a degree in sports medicine.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? When I came on my recruiting visit I just knew right away that this was exactly where I wanted to be.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I want to be able to look back and say that this is the season that turned around Lees-McRae women's lacrosse.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I feel that my strength lies within the draw and draw controls.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? Usually before games I try to chill and relax and just put my mind in game mood. Then once we step on the field for our warm ups and the warm up cd starts, that's when I get pumped and am ready for game time.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your lacrosse career? My high school coach, Coach Jones, and my parents have all had a hand in the lacrosse player I am today and the one I strive to be everyday
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat lacrosse team? Our team. We may be a small team but every person is out there for a reason, and I wouldn't want it any other way.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? My personal goal for the season is to control as least 80% of the draws, and that helps the team goal of controlling a high percentage of the draws as well.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? The biggest mental challenge I have for myself is being timid. Sometimes when we have the ball on the offensive side I don't make the cuts that I could because I feel it won't be effective.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? Easy, both my parents. They have always pushed me to be the best from of myself and nothing less.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? I would say lying on the beach in Destin, Florida with all my family and family friends there with me.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? Snowboarding, I love skiing but I would love to try and snowboard because it just looks like so much fun!
12. Describe your favorite dessert. A slice of
Coconut Cake from Mrs. Marcia!