Up Close & Personal with Brittany Sherrill
Banner Elk, NC--Join us as we begin a series of articles bringing you closer to the Bobcats women's soccer team. First up is a native of Winston-Salem, NC...Brittany Sherrill.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae?
I liked the beautiful scenery and the mountains.
2. What are your personal goals for this season?
My goals are to work hard and play with heart. By playing well as part of the team hopefully we will improve our record from last season.
3. What is your favorite part of playing your sport here
The soccer field. It's amazingly beautiful. My teammates make the experience even more enjoyable. I get to play the sport I love and have fun at the same time.
4. Who has been the most influential person in your
My father. He is the one that got me started playing soccer and even coached my soccer team growing up. He has always been the one to push me to do my best and is at almost every one of my soccer games.
5. If you weren't playing soccer, what other sport would
Well, I have tried tennis. It was fun. I would also love to try lacrosse.
6. What is your major and what do you plan to do with
My major is psychology, and I would love to eventually work with the FBI. I would also want to work with children and/or handicapped children.
7. If you could travel back in time to any point in
history, where would you go?
I would get in my time machine and travel to Hitler's house and give him a big hug so maybe he would know what love feels like. I would then lock him in his room so he couldn't hurt all the people he did.
8. What is your favorite band?
I like a lot of bands. I don't pick favorites.
9. What is your favorite book?
10. If you could visit any place in the world, where
would it be?
I have always wanted to go to Italy, although it's only one among many other places I'd Like to visit.