Up Close & Personal with Kat Smith
Banner Elk, NC--A native of Banner Elk, senior S. Katharine Smith shares a little bit more of herself with Bobcat fans.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae?
I picked Lees-McRae because I got the chance to play soccer again.
2. What are your personal goals for this season?
My goal for this year is obviously to improve, but also not to get any red cards.
3. What's your favorite soccer memory here at Lees-McRae
My favorite soccer memory would have to be all the mud sliding on rainy days.
4. What is your favorite part of playing soccer here at
My favorite part of playing sports at Lees-McRae is the friends that I have made, and the life skills it has developed in me.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your
It would have to be one of my first soccer coach, Don Holder. If you only knew this man, then you would understand.
6. If you weren't playing soccer, what other sport would
I'd play dodge ball.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with
I want to be a missionary dentist.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in
history, where would you go?
There is no fun in going backwards; I would like to travel to the future to see how the world is going to deal with the current issues. (That is if they can be dealt with.)
9. What is your favorite food?
10. What is your favorite book?
Well, I can't pick out just one; I just love reading any type of book.
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where
would it be?
I'd visit the lost world of Atlantis.
12. What is one word that describes you and why?
Singular. There is no one like me.