Up Close & Personal with Molly Grantham
Banner Elk, NC--Today we continue our quest to get to know the Lady Bobcats as we interview sophomore Molly Grantham, a native of Goldsboro, NC. This Communication Arts major played club ball for the Goldsboro Lady Sting before beginning her tenure at Lees-McRae.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I loved the scenery and the atmosphere of the mountains. I also liked the people.
2. What are your personal goals for this season? I want to get back 150% from my injury and to be better than I have ever been. One goal is to see us WIN!
3. What's your favorite Bobcat memory here at Lees-McRae so far? Spending time with my friends are the memories I treasure most. Jumping off of Elk River falls was pretty fun. There are a lot of fun memories; I can't choose one.
4. What is your favorite part of playing soccer here at Lees-McRae? Social life...I feel like I am a part of a family that supports each other and will do anything for each other.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My dad; he has supported me through my entire career and without him I wouldn't have made it to all my practices. lol!!
6. If you weren't playing soccer, what other sport would you play? At Lees-McRae I probably would play softball. But, otherwise I would wrestle again.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? My major is Communication Arts with a minor in Psychology. I plan to go into film production or something within the film industry.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I would love to go to Hollywood in the 1940's.
9. What is your favorite band? 30 Seconds to Mars
10. What is your favorite book? The Bible is because it is my source of inspiration and reassurance of a better and eternal life after this one.
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I'd go to Italy, for THE FOOD!!
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Eccentric; people tell me all the time that I am weird, and I admit I am not quite the average person. I'm just me!
Molly's Story… Well, I grew up in a small town in eastern North Carolina called Goldsboro. I was raised in the church and have had basically the same group of friends since elementary and middle school. However, I have traveled many places and met many people through my youth group. I have been all over the country on mission trips and have had great experiences through the will of Jesus Christ. I had the opportunity to go to Colorado and California(my dream) to visit family for graduation.
I had never heard of Lees-McRae before my senior year in high school. I attended a college fair at my school and walked up to the booth where Melody Young was standing and after talking to her about the school I became extremely interested. I filled out an information card, and of course wrote soccer as my sport. A few days later I received a call from Coach Lopez and got to talking to her about the program and the school and about the surrounding area. I became more and more interested. A few months later I visited for Scholar's Day and for an Open House. I stayed with a girl from the soccer team and met a few of the players and just fell in love with everything about LMC. I especially loved the small, friendly, open atmosphere which I had been used to because of my small town upbringing. This was pretty much the deciding factor: I was sold!!