Up Close & Personal with Gennie Garcia
BANNER ELK, NC--We switch gears today and move up to interview the one of the three seniors on the squad. This midfielder/defender hails from Fort Worth, TX where she played for the Dallas Texans before coming to LMC.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I originally came to play soccer, and I love the mountains.
2. What are your personal goals for this season? I want to be a leader on and off the field and help my team make it to the conference tournament.
3. What's your favorite Bobcat memory here at Lees-McRae so far? My freshman year when we beat Belmont Abbey in the first round of the conference tournament on their home field and then placed second in the conference tournament.
4. What is your favorite part of playing soccer here at Lees-McRae? All the memories and close friendships I have made.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My mom has had the most influence on me.
6. If you weren't playing soccer, what other sport would you play? I'd play tennis or golf.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? I am a Business major and one day I would like to own my own business.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I would go back to the 1920's.
9. What is your favorite band? I really don't have a favorite band; I enjoy all music.
10. What is your favorite book? I like several books. I don't just have one favorite.
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I would go to Italy.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Dedicated