Up Close & Personal with Collen Paxton
BANNER ELK, NC--Today we continue our Up Close series with junior Colleen Paxton, a communication arts major from Columbia, SC. Join us as we get to know another Bobcat a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? The wildlife rehab program and a lacrosse scholarship....oddly I'm not in that program anymore...so hm...
2. What are your personal goals for this season? I'd like to become even faster, improve my ball handling skill and my power.
3. What's your favorite Bobcat memory here at Lees-McRae so far? That's a tough one, but probably most of my freshman year. I did everything and went everywhere. It just seemed like alot of fun.
4. What is your favorite part of playing soccer here at Lees-McRae? I love being active and the adrenaline from a game is the best high there is.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? Myself I suppose. All the decisions made ultimately come down to me.
6. If you weren't playing soccer, what other sport would you play? I also play lacrosse here at LMC, but if I couldn't play soccer OR lacrosse, I'd probably go out for volleyball and track.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? I'm a newly conformed Communications Arts major. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do with it but all I know is that I love to write. I hope to publish a novel or 2...or 3....
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? Maybe you'd find me in old school Greece.
9. What is your favorite band? I like too many to point fingers.
10. What is your favorite book? Once again, I like too many to pick.
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? Australia, Rome, Greece....I'm going to travel the world.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Potential. I have so much to offer, from being a goofball to caring. That's me.
Colleen's Story… Wow. Let's see. How did I end up here? It was a last minute off-the-wall choice. I wanted to join the rehab program which I did (I still love, it don't get me wrong.). My senior year in high school I played lacrosse and got scouted to play here. I knew I wanted to play a college sport. Even though I got volleyball, soccer, and lacrosse scholarships elsewhere the wildlife program was enough to pull me in. It happened in a span of maybe two weeks. It was probably one of the most impulsive choices of my life. I didn't even see the college until orientation. I guess I was just meant to be here. God has a plan, I believe.