Up Close & Personal with Ashley Splawn
BANNER ELK, NC--This sophomore arrived at LMC from Knoxville, TN where she played club ball for Smokey Mountain. A defender/forward, Ashley is a key player for the young Bobcat squad. Today we are offered a glimpse into her life.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? The people were very nice and welcoming, the surroundings are beautiful, and it's not far from home. These all weighed in my decision to come here.
2. What are your personal goals for this season? I'd like to show more leadership on the field an improve my ball handling skills.
3. What's your favorite Bobcat memory here at Lees-McRae so far? Hanging out with the soccer team and going to Elk River Falls are great memories.
4. What is your favorite part of playing soccer here at Lees-McRae? Just playing on the field gets my adrenaline going because I think we have one of the best fields in our conference.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? God and my parents have definitely had the most influence.
6. If you weren't playing soccer, what other sport would you play? I'd want to play basketball.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? Sports Management; I plan to get my masters degree after I graduate from college. I dont know exactly where I want to work at yet, but as long as I am around sports and making money, then that would be great.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I'd probably go to the 70's during the disco days because I can definitely pull off a great afro!
9. What is your favorite band? Well I'm not really into bands, but I love Justin Timberlake, Alicia Keys, and Kanya West!
10. What is your favorite book? My favorite book is Blue Like Jazz.
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I'd go to Australia or the Caribbean.
12. What is one word that describes you and why? Easy going; I can get along with just about anybody!