Banner Elk, NC--Today we continue our Up Close series of interviews with a freshman from Raleigh, NC. This defender/midfielder, Sofia House, attended Broughton High School and was also involved with the Capital Area Soccer Club.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I love nature and the mountains. I also like that LMC is a small school.
2. What are your personal goals for this season? I want to improve all my soccer moves, grow as a soccer player, and contribute to the victories of the team.
3. What's your favorite Bobcat memory here at Lees-McRae so far? The beautiful snow whisking around the stone structures in tornado-like clusters.
4. What is your favorite part of playing soccer here at Lees-McRae? I will be able to meet people before school starts and I will have a group of friends to study, work and play with.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My first soccer coach, Rocky. He taught my team the game and showed us how to be determined players. He made me want to work hard and play as long and tough as I can.
6. If you weren't playing soccer, what other sport would you play? Possibly I would play lacrosse.
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? Business; I would like to be a Real Estate Investor.
8. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I would like to travel back to the time when Indians roamed free and were one with nature.
9. What is your favorite band? I like most country bands and some contemporary Christian music.
10. What is your favorite book? Woman, Thou Art Loosed
11. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I'd like to go to Spain.
12. What is one word that describes you and
why? Adventurous- I love new and interesting things. I
enjoy many outdoor activities such as hunting, skeet shooting,
horseback riding, mudding, and fishing.
Sofia's Story… I was born and raised
near my father's side of the family in Raleigh, North Carolina. My
mother's side of the family resides in the beautiful state of New
Mexico. I have always enjoyed vacationing in the mountains of
Boone, North Carolina. I love the snow and the nature is beautiful
in Banner Elk. I applied only to colleges in the mountains. I
toured a few schools but did not find the warm atmosphere anywhere
but LMC. I have a relative who graduated from LMC and have heard
only good reviews. I have decided to attend LMC knowing only a few
people going there.