Up Close & Personal with Abby White
Banner Elk, NC--A native of Madisonville, TN this sophomore forward/midfielder has a goal and an assist on the year. Today we continue our Up Close series of interviews with Abby White. Please join us.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? The people were really nice. It's in a little town, and the school offered everything I wanted.
2. What are your personal goals for this season? I want to be better and to be the soccer player that I've been all my life.
3. What's your favorite Bobcat memory here at Lees-McRae
so far? I don't really know because there have been a lot
of great memories already.
4. What is your favorite part of playing soccer here at Lees-McRae? I'd saying being able to work hard and still have fun at it.
5. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My dad has had that role in my life.
6. If you weren't playing soccer, what other sport would
you play? I'm already playing two, soccer and
lacrosse. If I weren't playing those two I'd probably go back to
7. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? My major is Wildlife Rehabilitation, and I hope to be able to open my own business when I graduate.
8. What is your favorite band? Tool
9. What is your favorite book? I don't really read all that much.
10. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I'd like to visit England.
11. What is one word that describes you and why? Supercalifragilisticexpialadocious...I like to have fun and there isn't a real word for me.
Abby's Story...Well, my school had a career fair and my friend
and I wanted to go to a school that had soccer and some kind of
animal program. So we went around to all the school
representatives and asked them if they had a pre-vet program and
then if they had soccer. All the schools had only one if they had
any of those.We almost gave up until we saw Lees-McRae decked out
in green. We thought we would give it a try SO we asked if they
had an animal program and the recruiter explained the Wildlife
Rehabilitation program. It sounded very interesting and the
pictures on the brochure were very pretty and persuading. She then
told us LMC had soccer but that she didn't know much about it but
was able to give us a number. We filled out the little card and
wrote soccer for interests. We talked about it all the way back.
When I got home I filled out the application but waited a few weeks
before I turned it in. During those few weeks I spoke with the
soccer coach here and everything was planned out. I sent in my
application and signed the soccer form. And that is how I got
here. I am so glad I came here. Last July at orientation I
already had a few friends, and I hadn't even started here yet. (One
of which was my boyfriend, and I am still with him.) This school
is so fun to be at. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to stay all