BANNER ELK, NC--Today in our Up Close Series we meet freshamn Caitlin Smith from Spartanburg, SC. Smith played with the Upstate Soccer Alliance before becoming a Bobcat.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? The small town, small classes and good skiing all played a part in my decision.
2. What are your personal goals for this season? I'd like to get faster, better touches and have fun.
3. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My parents have had the most influence.
4. If you weren't playing your soccer, what other sport would you play? I'd probably play tennis or basketball.
5. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? Criminal Justice; I hope to be a forensic scientist.
6. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I'd like to go to 1776 to see the Declaration of Independence being signed.
7. What is your favorite band? Red Hot Chili Peppers or Dave Matthews Band.
8. What is your favorite book? Marley and Me or the Glass House
9. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I'd like to visit Wales and England.
10. What is one word that describes you and
why? Fun; I like to laugh and make people laugh and if it
isn't fun then it isn't worth doing.
Caitlin's Story… I come from a small private school in a kind of small city so Lees-McRae suited me well because of the small campus and small population. I have three siblings, a brother and two sisters. I have played sports all my life. My family would always come to Banner Elk to go skiing in the winter, and I love to ski. Lees-McRae is near skiing -- big plus for that. I love listening to music and watching movies. I have two dogs and love all animals.