BANNER ELK, NC--Join us today as we meet freshman Sadie Williams of Gastonia, NC as we continue our up Close Series. Williams played for Gaston United before arriving on the scene for the Bobcats
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? Coach Lopez, the fact it offered health sciences, small classes and the location all weighed in my decision to come to Lees-McRae.
2. What are your personal goals for this
season? I want to arrive in shape and be a valuable
contributor to the team.
3. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My dad has had the most influence on my soccer career.
4. If you weren't playing soccer, what other sport would you play? Nothing, all I do is soccer, but maybe I would try swimming.
5. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? Pre-Med
6. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I'd like to go back to Rome when it was Rome. I have seen it now would like to see what it was like then.
7. What is your favorite band? Something Corporate
8. What is your favorite book? Where the Wild Things Are-by Maurice Sendak is my favorite book.
9. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? Australia - I'd love to pet a kangaroo!
10. What is one word that describes you and
why? Sincere- I work to approach life honestly. I am who I
am...no surprises. Some people say that I am an open book.
Sadie's Story...Playing soccer has always been
a big part of my life; I have played since I was able to kick a
ball. When it was time for me to choose a school, I knew that I
needed to include soccer in my choice. Lee's McRae ended up being
perfect. It has the classes that I want to take, the location is
beautiful, and I'm able to play soccer.