Up Close & Personal with Marissa Middleton
BANNE ELK, NC--Today we interview Marissa Middleton, a freshman from Olathe, KS who found time in the goal (registering 23 saves in the net) and managed to score a goal while playing in the field.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I choose Lees-McRae because I loved the team, the coaches, basically everything the school had to offer
2. What are your personal goals for this season? It would be great to have a lot of shutout wins and to start every game.
3. Who has been the most influential person on your athletic career? My high school soccer coach, he has pushed me so hard that at times I didn't think that I wanted to play anymore. I am so thankful that he did because I have become a stronger player and person.
4. If you weren't playing soccer, what other sport would you play? I'd play basketball.
5. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? Elementary Education, I love kids and I get along with them really well.
6. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I don't think I could ever survive in the past; I like the conveniences of modern day!
7. What is your favorite band? I like most music, but country is my favorite type of music.
8. What is your favorite book? Tale of Two Cities
10. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I'd like to go to Hawaii and learn how to surf.
11. What is one word that describes you and
why? Funny, I try to make any and everyone laugh.
Marissa's Story... Coach Lopez saw me play in my first college showcase, and we talked after my last game. We had been in contact for a couple of months, so I planned a trip to NC. After I saw the school and met the team and some professors I knew that Lees-McRae was where I belong.