Up Close & Personal with Tiffany Rodman
BANNER ELK, NC--Join us today as we close out our series of Up Close interveiws by meeting freshman Tiffany Rodman. This forward/midfielder, who started eleven games this season and scored four goals for the Bobcats, hails from Corona, CA. and played through two concussions on the season. In week five of the season Rodman was selected as the Conference Carolinas Player of the Week.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae? I think it is a prime opportunity to learn and grow as a person and as a player.
2. What are your personal goals for the season? My goals for this season are to become an impact player for the Bobcats as well as work as hard as I can.
3. Who has had the most influence on your athletic career? My family has been huge in my career, however, Scott Juniper taught me to be the player that I am now. If it were not for him I would have never started to believe in myself.
4. If you weren't playing soccer, what sport would you play? I would run cross country and/or tack & field.
5. What is your major and what do you plan to do with your degree? My major is in Education, and I plan to become a high school teacher back in California.
6. If you could travel back in time to any point in history, where would you go? I would travel to 1621 for the first Thanksgiving. I love food and would love to have had that feast.
7. What is your favorite band? Rascall Flatts
8. What is you favorite book? To Kill a Mockingbird
9. If you could visit any place in the world, where would it be? I'd like to go to Africa. It would be so different and amazing to see.
Tiffany's story: I was born in New Jersey and made my way to California. I always loved to play soccer and seriously started to play club when I was 13. I played for Corona Eagles as well as on JUSA and ARSENAL FC. I loved my club teams and many of my club players were also high school players with me. I am really compeititve, and I hate losing. It seems as though Lees-McRae is a perfect place for me to be competitive and fit in. That's me in a nutshell.