Today we begin our series of Up Close and Personal interviews with the Lees-McRae women's soccer team. First up for the Lady Bobcats is sophomore goalkeeper Brittany Bolton. A native of Roanoke, Va. Bolton played soccer both for Salem High School and for the Roanoke Stars. Join us as we get to know her a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I wanted a small school that would provide me with a great student-teacher ratio.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to coming together and playing as a team.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? My strength lies within my footwork because it allows me to make saves by getting to balls quickly and more effectively.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I listen to music and visualize the game.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? John White has had the biggest impact because he has been my goalkeeping trainer since I began playing soccer.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? The bond that all the players have together, we would do anything for each other.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I want to have fun, train hard, and to do whatever it takes to make me a better soccer player. And for the team, I want to improve our record.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? I would say to not let the little mistakes that I make affect my overall play in the game.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My parents are because they have always supported and believed in whatever I have done. They have never given up on me, but they always push me to do my best.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? It would be watching a movie and taking a nap.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would want to try riding a roller coaster, because as I little kid I would never get on one. I think I would enjoy riding them now
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Dirt cake….. blended up Oreos with a mixture of cream cheese and whip cream.