Up Close & Personal with Marissa Middleton
Second in our series of interviews is sophomore Marissa Middleton who hails from Olathe, Kansas where in addition to playing for her high school she also was a part of the Kansas City Legends. Middleton plays both in the goalkeeper and forward positions for the Lady Bobcats and is studying Sports Management at Lees-McRae.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came because of the other players, the atmosphere, and the mountains.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to having twelve home games and not having to ride the bus up and down the mountain as much.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I think my strength lies in communication.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I listen to music.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My high school coach Terry Hair has had the biggest impact on my career.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? I like being around a variety of people from different places.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? For personal goals, I would like to start more often. As for team goals I would like to see our overall record improve.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? I get frustrated with myself.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My mom...She has stayed strong through all she has endured in her life.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea is a long day of snowboarding and skiing with friends.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would like to try sky diving because I am afraid of heights.
12. Describe your favorite dessert.