Today we meet up with freshman goalkeeper/forward Kari Borton. Borton hails from Orlando, Florida where she was a member of the CFU Chaos and was a three year varsity letter winner at Edgewater High School. The Pre-Law major intends to become a lawyer in the future. Join us as we get to know her a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I love the area, and the people around this town are so nice. Also the school is beautiful.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to working at my full potential and making great friendships with my other teammates.
3. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I turn up my ipod and listen to rap. It gets me pumped.
4. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My dad…he has always been there to help me with my game and teach me new things.
5. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? My favorite parts are creating friendships and playing the game.
6. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? My personal goal is to try my hardest, even when I'm exhausted, putting in my 100%. My team goal is to win most of our home games!
7. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? The biggest mental challenge is getting over my nervousness and just do what I know how to do.
8. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? The biggest role model in my life has been my mom. She is an amazing supporter and has always been there for me with a positive attitude.
9. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My perfect afternoon would be a sunny sky in winter with snow on the ground with me up on the slopes snowboarding.
10. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would go sky diving. I love the adrenaline rush, and I have always wanted to do it.
11. Describe your favorite dessert. Chocolate
lava cake with chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream topped with