A native of Lenoir, N.C., Aleeshia Fisher, is up next in our Up Close interviews. The defender/midfielder is a sophomore psychology major at Lees-McRae and has plans to become a psychiatrist after graduation. Fisher played for CVYSA before her time here. Join us as we get to know her a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I decided to come to Lees-McRae because the campus and the mountains are so beautiful, and the people I met were welcoming and so nice.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to winning and doing better than last year!
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I love competition! So anytime I have a one-on-one or go against anyone that is physical, that's when you see my strength.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I just try to get ready mentally and find out what I need to get done in the game to help me and my teammates.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? Everyone who has believed in me and has helped me get to where I am today.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? I love being part of a team! Being part of this team is great, I love all the girls!!!
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? Just giving it all I got every time I step on the field to play, and using everything we did in spring to help me improve.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? I hate losing, so that's hard. Also when someone isn't working as hard as they should be. But the worst thing is when I'm injured and have to sit on the sidelines and watch my teammates play, and I wish I could just go out there and help them and play in the game!
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My whole family! I love them all so much and they have always supported me in everything I do and believed in me. That has helped me get to where I am today.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? I love taking naps!!!
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? Skydiving!! It would be such a rush and so much fun!!!!
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Ice
cream!!!! Chocolate ice cream or Mint Chocolate Chip!!