Up next for the Lady Bobcats is freshman Taylor Callas who hails from Holly Springs, N.C. Callas, a defender and midfielder for the Bobcats, played for Midddle Creek High School and the FVAA Flames. She is pursuing a degree in Criminal Justice at Lees-McRae. Join us as we get to know her.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? It had smaller classrooms, and it's really pretty here plus I can play soccer
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to meeting new people and having new experiences.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I think my strength lies in defense. I'm aggressive, and I don't give up.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I listen to music before games.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? Probably my club coach, Coach Sam, he has always believed in me and made me the player I am today.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? Already people are very friendly, but I don't know yet, since I'm just a freshman. It's going to be a new experience.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? My personal goal is to be faster/quicker. The team goal is to be the most successful this team has ever been.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? I really don't have any mental challenges, I just do what I'm out there to do. That is to play and do the very best I can.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? Probably my mother...she has always supported me no matter what and has always been there for me.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is taking a nice loooong nap, or if the weather is nice, just being outside.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would want to try skydiving because I'm always in for a good adrenaline rush.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Probably my mom's cheesecake, just plain with some fresh strawberries or chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream on top with some chocolate syrup over it