Today we meet up with another freshman member of the women's soccer team, Danielle Lindquist of Chapel Hill, N.C. A three-time varsity letterwinner, she played for Chapel Hill High School and also Chapel Hill United. Lindquist is pursuing a degree in wildlife rehabilitation here at Lees-McRae.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I was looking for a smaller college where I could find a major to help me on my way to veterinary school. I found that Lees-McRae offers a wildlife rehabilitation degree and was sold. The people here were all open and nice, and it just seemed to fit exactly what I was looking for.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I'm looking forward to winning some games and having a great time with the team!
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I would say tenacity. I will give it my all no matter what.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I listen to music and try and keep nerves down.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My mom and my coaches...My mom always got me to soccer practices and games and tournament and no matter if we won or lost always had something positive to say. My coaches from recreational to Chapel Hill High School pushed me to be better than I thought I could be.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? Just being a part of the team knowing that these girls will probably do anything for you is a great feeling.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I want to help this team win a few games and get to the tournament (and maybe even win it!).
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? I have to get over the fact that I am not the biggest player on the field. I just have to believe I am stronger and worked harder than they did.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My mom and my step dad Brian...These two have done more for me then I could ever possibly thank them for doing. No matter what they always made sure my siblings and I were taken care of. My best friends have always been there for me no matter what as well.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? I would be hanging around with my friends.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I really want to try sky diving. I've always wanted to fly, but I'm a little scared of heights.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. My favorite dessert would be some cookie dough ice cream with hot fudge and cherries and some extra cookie dough!