Up Close Personal with Christine Calvert
Today we meet up with Dallas, Texas native, Christine Calvert. The lone senior not only leads the squad as co-captain but also leads the Lady Bobcats with seven points on the season coming from two goals and a trio of assists. Calvert is majoring in criminal justice and plans to pursue a career with in arson investigation or with a K9 unit. Join us as we get to know her a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I loved the size of the campus and being surrounded by the beautiful mountains.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to helping the team to improve for a better record than last year.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I like being able to see the whole field which is why I really enjoy center midfield so much.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? Usually I listen to music and think about what I need to do for each individual game.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? There is no one single person who has made an impact in my soccer career but the people who have helped me the most are my mom, dad, sister (Anna-Lesa), and my coach Mike Gorman. Without them I would not be who I am today or would I be the soccer player I am today. So a HUGE thank you goes to them!
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? My favorite part is having basically an automatic family. It's great to have people around that are there through the wins and the losses and through the ups and downs of being on a team together.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? A personal goal I have set for myself is to get my goals and assists up and to be more vocal. As a team I think we just want to be more successful.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? My biggest challenge would be the fact that people don't always hear me all the time.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? That would be my sister, Anna, she has always been someone I can look up to and always have.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My perfect afternoon would be hanging out with my parents, sister, doggies (May, D.D., and Belle) and my boyfriend Justin and just talking and relaxing and maybe sitting on the porch eating some awesome steaks that my mom makes!
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I think I would do something like training with the K9 unit… actually anything to do with dogs I would do. Dogs are awesome!
12. Describe your favorite dessert. My
favorite dessert is Blue Bell Ice Cream (the best ice cream ever)
or rice crispy treats.