Up Close & Personal with Ashley Splawn
Junior Ashley Splawn (Knoxville, Tenn.) is next up in our series of interviews with the Lady Bobcats. Splawn, a defender, scored her first goal of the season Tuesday night when she dribbled the length of the field to score. Off the field she is a pursuing a degree in Sports Management. Join us as we get to know her a bit better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came because of the location, the people and soccer.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to playing with the freshmen coming and being coached by the new assistants. I am also looking forward to hearing new ideas to better and strengthen the team.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? My strength lies in my defense and my speed.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I stay focused, listen to music, and pray.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My mom , dad and I have had the biggest impact on my soccer career.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? My favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team is hanging out with the team so much that you start to look at them and consider them as family.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? TALKING MORE and working on my left foot are two goals I have set for this season.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? When I get worried too much on the field I tend to lose focus, which can mess up my game.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My mom…She has been there and supported me for everything that I have done.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is sitting by the lake or a river with my closest friends and just talking, relaxing, and sharing memories. And I can't forget about sleeping!
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try playing the guitar because it puts me in a thinking and laid back mood.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Anything
with chocolate and peanut butter mixed