Up Close & Personal with Vickie Rich
Freshman Vickie Rich of Arlington Heights, Illinois is up next in our series of Up Close interviews with the Lady Bobcats. Rich, who played for both Buffalo Grove High School and Arlington Aces Academy, has scored three goals and has been credited with three assists halfway through the season. In the classroom she is studying pre-health.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I decided to come to LMC because the campus was beautiful and all the girls on the soccer team were really nice when I came to visit.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? This season I'm really looking forward to getting to know all my teammates.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I would say my strength lies in the attacking third of the game when checking back to the ball and holding it for the midfield.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? To prepare myself for a match I don't really do anything special. I like to stretch out and then take some shots on goal and then take a few corner kicks.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My family has had a huge impact on my soccer career along with my coach, Stein Garcia.
6. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? My personal goal is to improve my soccer moves and score goals. Team goal is to go undefeated in conference.
7. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? The biggest mental challenge I face on the field is trying to not get upset with myself.
8. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My grandparents have been the biggest role models in my life. They are a special part of me, and I've always looked up to them because of their strength.
9. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of the perfect afternoon is going to the beach with a small group of friends and just hanging out there and eating barbeque food.
10. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try scuba diving because I've always wanted to do that.
11. Describe your favorite dessert. Cookie
dough ice cream with gummy bears and sprinkles topped with whip