Caitlin Smith, a sophomore from Spartanburg, S.C., is up next in our series of Up Close interviews. The forward/midlfielder for the Lady Bobcats played soccer for both Spartanburg Day High School and Upstate Soccer Alliance before joining the squad at LMC last fall. Off the field she is pursuing a degree in history.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? The small community, smalll classes, soccer and good skiing all played a role in my decision to attend Lees-McRae College.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to winning some games.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I think my strength lies in my field of vision.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I listen to music.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? I would have to say my parents.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? My favorite part is all of my teammates.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I'd like to win more games and work on my first touch.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? Sometimes I get down on myself and that can be a challenge to overcome.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My parents...They always provide for me and support me in everything I do.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? A perfect afternoon would include reading a book, listening to my iPod and sailing.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I like to try parasailing because it seems really fun.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Cheesecake, plain & simple.