As we continue with our series of Up Close interviews we meet up with sophomore Sadie Williams. A native of Gastonia, North Carolina Williams played for both Ashbrook High School and Gaston United before becoming a defender for the Lady Bobcats. However, Williams has been sidelined with an injury this year, but is anxoius to get back in the game. Join us as we get to know her better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I decided to attend Lees-McRae because I loved the campus, the small classes and, most of all, I really wanted to be part of the women's soccer program.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am really looking forward to getting to know the new players and bonding as a team. I love the group of girls, and I can't wait to spend more time with them on and off the field.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I believe my main strength is my determination. No matter how hard I have to play or how much pain I'm in, I still want to be on the field.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? To prepare for a game, I try not to focus too much on the other team and their strengths. I try to keep my focus on our team and the best possible outcome.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My family has had the biggest impact on my soccer career. They have supported me since I was three years old from traveling to almost every game, volunteering, and cheering. They are my support group and my biggest fans.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? My favorite part of the team is definitely the girls. I love every single person on the team.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? My personal goals for this year are to become stronger mentally and physically, not to get sick, and to be a positive asset to the team.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? The biggest mental challenge I face on the field is bouncing back from a poor performance. I sometimes dwell too much on messing up because I want to do the best I can for my team.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My biggest role model is Jesus Christ. He has helped me with all of my problems on and off the field all my life.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is probably a rainy one when I can curl up and take a nap with my cat Scooter.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? If I could try something new I would probably go sky diving. I have always enjoyed an adrenaline rush.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. My
favorite dessert today would probably be birthday cake ice cream;
it's cold and yummy. Who knows what my favorite will be