Junior Aerial Gregston is up next in our series of Up Close interviews with the Lady Bobcats. The native of Atwater, California normally plays as a forward or midfielder for the squad but has been sidelined with an injury. Off the field she is pursuing a degree in sports management. Join us as we get to know her.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? Soccer mainly led me here but also the girls on the team.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? This season I was looking forward to improving not only myself but also contributing to the team but that has been hampered by my injury.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I think I help lead the team.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I do what our trainer Mike says!!
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? I look up to players with attacking skills such as Ronaldinho but in reality my family and close friends are what keep me going.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? My teammates, of course. They are like family.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? Personal = be more aggressive, score, and assist…. Team goals= win more.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? Getting upset with myself if I'm not playing well.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? I look up to people whom I respect but no one in particular.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? Swimming and laying out sounds perfect.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try to become a boxer just because it looks like fun.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Um..plain