Up Close & Personal with Blaine Prescott
Freshman Blaine Prescott is up next for the Lady Bobcats in our Up Close series. Prescott hails from Williamston, North Carolina where she played for both Washington High School, where she earned All Conference and Coastal Conference Player of the Year honors, and CASL Spartan Premier. At Lees-McRae she plays in the forward/midfielder position. Prescott is pursuing a degree in psychology.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I loved the campus and the soccer team.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to playing with a dedicated team.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? My strength lies in switching the field.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I don't do anything big...the "focus stuff" doesnt help or hurt me... I just listen to music.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My mom has had the biggest impact because she drove me everwhere.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? I like that the teammates are so close.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? a) my fitness b) taking more opportunities c) winning games
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? When the game becomes serious, I have to be careful not to freak myself out.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My mom...she always puts her kids first. She is very selfless, which is admirable.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is having no plans and figuring things out as they come.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try snowboarding because people keep talking about how much fun it is.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. Banana