Up Close & Personal with Shaina Ormsby
Today we meet up with junior transfer Shaina Ormsby who hails from Raleigh, N.C. Ormsby has started 16 games for the Lady Bobcats this year as a defender/midfielder. Prior to coming to Lees-McRae she was at Louisburg College. Off the field she is pursuing a degree in elementary education.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came to Lees-McRae because of the area and the women's soccer team.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? I am looking forward to playing with new girls and to seeing how much they can teach me to be a better player.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I am a good leader on the field. I believe, and I don't give up.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I eat a banana and just think about the game.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? Eddie Sotomayer, he was my high school coach.
6. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? My favorite part is simply that I am a part of a team.
7. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? Personal goal is to be fit, and for the team it is to finish strong.
8. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? My biggest mental challenge is to not be nervous playing with new girls.
9. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? My biggest role model has been sister, Kelsie, because she always does great in whatever she does. She was captain of UNC Charlotte women's soccer team, and she was amazing.
10. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is to be doing something new and exciting with people I like to be around.
11. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? The zip line or white water rafting because it would be a rush.
12. Describe your favorite dessert. My fav
dessert either has to do with chocolate, strawberries and
definitely whip cream!