Up Close & Personal with Jessica O'Leary
Freshman Jessica O'Leary is up next in our series of Up Close & Personal interviews with the Lady Bobcats' soccer team. O'Leary comes to Lees-McRae from Millbury, Mass. where she played for both Marianapolis Prep School and Delta FC. Her senior year she received MVP, All-Conference and Boston Globe All-Star honors. As a midfielder/forward for the Lady Bobcats O'Leary has scored four goals and had a single assist credited to her name. In the classroom she is pursuing a degree in international studies. Join us as we get to know her.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? I came mostly because of the small school atmosphere.
2. What are you most looking forward to this season? This season I am looking forward to playing at a high level and getting to know my teammates.
3. In which part of the game does your strength lie? I think my strength lies in my ability to see the field and make the play that is needed.
4. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I drink water.
5. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My club and high school coaches have had the biggest impact so far.
6. What personal and team goals have you set for this season? I'd like to accomplish all the fitness standards and already stated goals given to us: Team- Win our last game, against Belmont Abbey. Personal - Improve, improve, improve!
7. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? I think it is adjusting to my opponents' play and working with disadvantages I may have compared to them.
8. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? By far, my parents have been. They raised me to be independent and outspoken through their own actions.
9. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is being able to just relax in good company.
10. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? Skydiving, it is an experience that very few get to have.
11. Describe your favorite dessert. Tres