Up Close & Personal with Tiffany Coleman
Today we finish up our series of Up Close & Personal interviews with junior Tiffany Coleman. This pre-med biology major plays in the midfielder and defender positions for the Lady Bobcats and comes to Lees-McRae from Centreville, Md. Join us as we get to know her better.
1. What made you decide to come to Lees-McRae College? My main reason for coming to LMC was to play soccer.
2. In which part of the game does your strength lie? When my team mates start getting tired I use communication and encouragement to keep them in the game and not let them give up
3. What do you do to prepare yourself for matches? I listen to my iPod.
4. Who has had the biggest impact on your soccer career? My mother…she has been there from my first soccer game to now. She has supported me in everything I have done with soccer. Also, she has worked my whole life just to make sure I could do everything possible to be the best player I could be.
5. What is your favorite part about being a member of the Bobcat soccer team? The best part is my teammates. They are honestly amazing, and I would not trade them for anything.
6. What personal goals did you set for this season? My goal was to stay focused and try to score a couple goals.
7. What is the biggest mental challenge you face on the field? My knee. Due to my ACL surgery last year it will be a tough battle with my knee to stay calm and not get frustrated at it when I don't get something right away. But I know mentally I will be strong and not let any challenge beat me, and I certainly won't give up.
8. Who has been the biggest role model in your life? How? Mark Allan Turney has been the biggest role model. He has inspired me so much through his life styles and his dedication to play soccer. He never gave up on anything in life and he has taught me to always go after the things in life that you want the most. And anything is possible if you just believe in yourself.
9. What is your idea of a perfect afternoon? My idea of a perfect afternoon is lying on the beach beneath the hot summer sun with a bunch of friends.
10. If you could try something new today what would you try and why? I would try flying a plane because I would love to see different places all around the world from a different angle.
11. Describe your favorite dessert. Birthday Cake Ice Cream